Computers are now used in practically every area of human endeavor. Job opportunities in computer and information science are challenging and diverse, and demand for computer science engineers is expected to remain strong over the next decade. The faculty of the Department of Computer is involved in research at the frontiers of many key areas of computer science. Areas of active research include algorithms, computational geometry, computational learning theory, databases, wireless networks, network security, distributed systems, data compression, image processing and understanding, multimedia, software engineering and testing, data mining, and information retrieval.
- To be able to use computer in Business application.
- To be able to use C/C++/Object Oriented Programming/Foxpro in problem solving.
- Assembling and Dissembling of PCs
- To design and develop application software system using computer programs.
- Installation and Maintenance of Computer Systems.
- To diagnose the faults for trouble shooting PC range of computes and associated peripherals.
- To use multimedia technology and different multimedia authoring tools.
- To access Internet and to design web pages.