The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year of 2007 . We focus on practical orientation and our major projects are supported by well equipped labs like machine shop , patternmaking & fitting shop and computer aided drafting lab . Our Aim is to generate technical man power so as to serve the need of design and manufacturing and our target is to launch students on successful career aiming for highest point in their career trajectories . Our Mechanical Engineering students get good placement offers in reputed companies.
The Mechanical Engineering Department endeavors to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of mechanical engineering to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
The Mechanical Engineering is committed to:-
- To imparting highest quality education to the students to build their capacity and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- To maintain state of the art research facilities to provide collaborative environment that stimulates faculty, staff and students with opportunities to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop alliances with world class R&D organizations, educational institutions, industry and alumni for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To provide the students with academic environment of excellence, leadership, ethical guidelines and lifelong learning needed for a long productive career.
- Constantly strive to provide best lecture notes to student through college ERP system.
- Respond effectively to the needs of the industry and changing world.
The various Laboratories in the Mechanical Department are as mentioned below
The aim of the lab is to give a practical insight to certificate, Diploma and degree students for equipments running on Vapour compression cycle. Water cooler and cooling Tower apparatus has been designed for calculation of C.O.P. and Efficiency of the system. And cut section model of all types of compressors, Air conditioners and condensers are used to give thorough knowledge of their parts, working and maintenance.
List of Equipments in the laboratory:
- Water cooler experimental apparatus.
- Water-cooling tower experimental apparatus.
- Old refrigerator.
- Window type air-conditioner (non-working).
- Split type air-conditioner (non-working).
- Sling psychrometer.
- Open type-reciprocating compressor (non-working).
- Thermostatic switches.
- Suction and discharge line service valve.
- Hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor.
- High pressure cut out switch.
Hydraulics and Hydraulics Machine Lab:
It contains Bernoulli’s Thermo apparatus, V & Rectangular, Notch apparatus, Darcy’s Apparatus, Centrifugal Pump, Reynolds apparatus, Water current meter, Bourdon’s Tube etc.
Toyota Technical Education Programme
To ensure that only the highest level of automotive professionals work on Toyota vehicles, Toyota has partnered with industrial and technical training institutes all across India to create the Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP). The curriculum of this Program includes on-the-job training at Toyota dealerships.
With the help of T-TEP, training institutes will be able to develop a highly skilled technical workforce, with greater career prospects in the automotive service industry. The skill levels of manpower currently available remain quite low, and professionals are not trained for the repair and diagnostics of the latest models of vehicles available in the market. T-TEP aims to correct this imbalance by partnering with local training institutes and industry bodies. These highly qualified students then have the option to join the Toyota Dealers, where they get the opportunity to consistently provide "Q Service" to our customers.
T-TEP Program is fast becoming a benchmark in imparting automotive training and looking at the immense benefits to the automotive service industry and the society at large.